Tuesday, October 26, 2021

We made it to the Rio this afternoon. Easy check-in, but the hotel has seen better days. Rumor is that the hotel is going to be razed to make way for a baseball stadium, possibly as soon as next year.

After settling into the room, we went to the sports book to place a bet on the Astros.  Here, the line was -122, meaning that my $50 bet pays me back $91 if the Astros win.

So after I made the $50 bet, the Braves scored two runs in the first inning, and one more in the second inning, and two more in the third.

This is precisely why I don’t bet on sports at home.  (Plus, it’s kind of illegal, which is not a good look for someone in my pre-retirement profession.)

And I can’t say I wasn’t warned. Before I left, I texted my friend B, offering to place a bet for him on the Astros.  He responded:


Turns out he was right.  

But maybe the Astros can turn this around. Hope springs eternal for this degenerate gambler!


But if things don’t improve soon, I’m going to head down to sign up for the tournament.  I hear the lines are pretty long.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s Saturday afternoon here in Las Vegas, and I am sitting in the bingo room at the Gold Coast by myself, relaxing with some mindless activ...